Wednesday, 21 September 2016

Taking risks

Today the kids who went with Nic, Elly and Troy and some of the teachers from ashurst school to do risk taking took groups of us to make a risk action plans and level some risks from lowest to highest. We made a action plan about our hardest risk and how we would face it.
Here is my action plan

Sunday, 18 September 2016

Kapahaka portfolio sample term 3

Description: On Wednesday night the Kapahaka and Band performed at the northern cluster at the regent. Kapahaka is when a group of people come together and perform moari Waita. I was not able to perform on the night because I went to the netball. But at school we had a whole Kapahaka photo in our uniform and then had a dress rehearsal in front of the whole school. Even though I wasn't there I am sure our group was amazing. The northern cluster is a festival and the schools in the northern part of Palmerston North come together and perform. Our Kapahaka needed the band because the band had learnt hall of fame and then the kapahaka translated the chorus into moari. I am in both the band and the Kapahaka. I think I have been doing well at Kapahaka and band because I have been focused and I have been working hard. I am most proud of me learning the song in moari. I was challenged by all of the new words. Next time I need to be putting more passion into it. Here is us performing.
 Day performance Live performance
Feedback/feedfoward I think that you did. Great job and looked really confident and I like the actions that you did in panekiretanga- Atlanta 

Thursday, 15 September 2016

Art portfolio sample

This term we have been doing art for our calendars, and we are doing our self portraits. The first stage was to think about what represents us and draw the ideas down. The second stage was draw our ideas onto A3 card. The third stage was to practise using paint and pastel for our backgrounds. The fourth stage was to practice drawing our self portrait and after that we had a practice, we got some card and drew the real thing. The last thing we did was the background. We used paint pastel and dye to make the background look effective. Here is a slide showing some effects we used and the finished peice.

Feedback/Feedforward:Wow Aria I really like your art because you have used lots of different colours but next time you could not have as much white.